I was feeling crafty today, and I've been putting this little project off for a few months, so it was the perfect fix for me.
I was short on time, so this was a fairly manageable task. Making the cards to go inside will be much more time consuming.
This first one is a gift.
This one, I'm keeping for myself.
I learned that Modge Podge does not stick to painted tin. I had to pull out my Creative Memories Photo Tape to get the paper to stick to it.
I always use the Photo Tape for nailing my ribbon down as well. I used glue dots for the flowers and buttons.
The absolute hardest part was getting the paper cut out for the lid. That took forever, but once I got one done, I used it as a template for the second. As a result, the first one is a little worse for the wear.
And my ribbon is a little crooked.
That's okay, imperfect works.