Yes, it's Valentine's Day and I'm struggling to finish the Valentine projects that I planned to do last month. I just finished this apron this morning, to wear it for one day and then put it away until next year.
This is a new pattern for me, although I've actually had it for close to a decade. Hey, some projects are like that.
Anyway, it's a McCall's Home Decorating pattern #2897, and it's out of print. I did find it on eBay though. If you're interested, click on the pattern number. The apron is just one of several items included in the pattern.
Now, since the model in the pattern actually has the body of a Barbie doll, you don't really get the full effect with me wearing it. With all the frills I look more like a Valentine bon bon, than the feminine Domestic Goddess that this pattern intended.
It doesn't matter though, this apron will act as the protective armor I so desperately need from the butter splats in my life.
And if my personal bulk wasn't bad enough, I went and bulked it up even more by making it a reversible apron. This particular pattern wasn't supposed to be reversible, but I like reversible aprons so I just cut all the pieces in two fabrics and then struggled with my topology handicap to put it all together. I ended up with some extra pieces, naturally, because I didn't need double the number of ties, and I'm a bonehead when it comes to visualizing how everything will fit together.
It's done though and I can now cross it off my list. Have a very Happy Valentine's Day my bloggy friends!